Established in honour of former Vice President Finance and Administration Phyllis Clark, the award recognizes a York employee who has made outstanding contributions to the University in terms of efficiency, cleanliness, safety, security or other campus/plant services.
The award consists of a $500 purse, generously funded by the Division of the Vice-President Finance and Administration, and a framed certificate. The winner’s name will also be engraved on an annual plaque and displayed in the winner’s home department for one year.
Nomination Package Checklist
Please feel free to download this checklist to help you compile the nomination file and to ensure you have met all of the requirements before completing the online nomination form. NOTE: This checklist does not need to be uploaded on the nomination form, and is for your reference only.
- Does your nominee:
- Demonstrate a performance record that consistently exceeds the stated expectations in their job description and is actively engaged in the workplace?
- Serve as a positive role model to their co-workers?
- Demonstrate excellence in service to the York community?
- Demonstrate initiative in contributing to enhancing a sense of community through improvements in one of the campus or plant service areas in a manner that creates a sustained positive image of York University?
If yes, then the Phyllis Clark Campus Service Award is the award you’re looking for!
- Is your nominee:
- A full time, permanent staff member at York that has been continuously employed for 2 years as of December 31, 2019?
- A non-academic staff member (CUPE 1356, CPM, YUSA or IOUE)?
If yes, then the person you've got in mind is eligible for nomination!
The Chief Nominator is responsible for putting together a nomination file with specific examples that consists of:
- A nomination letter (maximum of 3 pages)
- The nominee's C.V. or work history at York University
- The job description of the nominee's current position
- A minimum of 3 letters total (1 nomination letter and min. 2 letters of support)
- A maximum of 4 letters (1 nomination letter and max. 3 letters of support)
- Each letter of support must not exceed a total of 3 pages
- One of the letters of support, OR the nomination letter must be from the nominee’s current Manager
- The chief nominator and one supporting nominator, OR at least 2 of the supporting nominators must be from outside of the nominee's home department
- The total number of pages of ALL letters combined does not exceed 12 pages
- Using quantitative and or/qualitative examples, describe how the nominee contributes to the goals/objectives, to the office/division and/or the broad York Community
- Please illustrate with examples of how the nominee meets or exceeds each of the criteria for the award.
- Quotations from other persons are not permitted and letters can only have one author. Multiple authors on a letter are not permitted.
- Please do not include any references or confidential documents such as employee performance ratings or evaluations.
- Please do not use acronyms in the letter.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
Excellence is everywhere at York! We urge you to consider nominating someone from outside your home department.
Nominations can be submitted using our online application until January 20, 2020 at 4:30 PM EST.
- Chief Nominator Form
(Firefox, Chrome or Safari Only)
Please note that extensions for submission cannot be considered.
The Phyllis Clark Campus Service Award Committee consists of six members, and is chaired by Neville McGuire, Chief of Staff, Office of the President. Committee members are appointed by the President, and serve for three years.
Members of the Selection Committee may not initiate nominations or write a supporting letter for the Phyllis Clark Campus Service Award. If a member of the Selection Committee is nominated for the award, they shall resign from the committee.