Established in honour of former University Secretary and General Counsel Harriet Lewis, the Harriet Lewis Team Award for Service Excellence recognizes excellence in service and support to students, faculty, staff and/or other service users. One award will be given annually.
The award consists of a $2000 purse to be used for professional development for all members of the team, generously funded by the Office of the President and a framed certificate for each member of the team. In addition, the winning team will be eligible for an additional purse for professional development. This additional purse has been generously funded by a donor and will be made available to the winning team who receives this award between 2016-2018. The 2018 purse will be $1000. The team's name will also be engraved on an annual plaque and displayed in the team's home department or in the department responsible for team project, for one year.
Nomination Package Checklist
Please feel free to download this checklist to help you compile the nomination file and to ensure you have met all of the requirements before completing the online nomination form. NOTE: This checklist does not need to be uploaded on the nomination form, and is for your reference only.
- Do your nominees:
- Demonstrate the provision of the highest level of service excellence to students/faculty/staff and/or other service users that exceeds what is normally expected in their position?
- Promote a work environment that is respectful, supportive, collegial and inclusive?
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with other teams/unit by encouraging openness in sharing ideas, responsibility and finding appropriate solutions to challenges?
- Promote the York spirit in terms of imagination, creativity, innovation and redefining the possible in service to York's community (internal or external)?
- Team’s efforts have had a significant impact on the operation of the University.
If yes, then the The Harriet Lewis Team Award for Service Excellence is the award you’re looking for!