Established in honour of former Vice President Finance and Administration Gary Brewer, the award recognizes and encourages early-career professionals who have demonstrated significant promise of leadership in their career. The Award recognizes a staff member who has shown tremendous promise for assuming a leadership role at the University, is known for their innovative and meaningful contributions to the effectiveness of their unit and has significantly contributed to the University’s commitment to excellence.
The award consists of a $400 purse to be used for professional development and a framed certificate. The winner’s name will also be engraved on an annual plaque and displayed in the winner’s home department for one year.
Nomination Package Checklist
Please feel free to download this checklist to help you compile the nomination file and to ensure you have met all of the requirements before completing the online nomination form. NOTE: This checklist does not need to be uploaded on the nomination form, and is for your reference only.
Does your nominee:
- Consistently demonstrate outstanding effective leadership skills (see below), both within and beyond the scope of their responsibilities;
- High integrity and honesty
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Communicates well and handles problems/conflict effectively
- Respect of staff and colleagues
- High service orientation
- Results focused
- Appreciation for differing views, equity and diversity
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Contributes actively to success of staff and coworkers through sharing information, knowledge and highlighting participation and contributions of other
- Demonstrates adaptability
- Positive impact in motivating others
- Demonstrate that they are an innovative thinker?
- Motivate and inspire their peers and demonstrate dedication to the University?
- Successfully contribute to the University’s commitment to excellence?
- Demonstrate that they are self-aware, focused on learning and professional growth?
- Demonstrated leadership potential for assuming a leadership role at the University?
If yes, then the Gary Brewer Emerging Leader Award is the award you’re looking for!